Participating in group activities is a great way for residents of assisted living communities to socialize, have fun and keep in good health. Any quality assisted living home in Minnesota will organize many different on-site and off-site activities for their residents. Read on to learn some of the best activities for assisted living residents to take part in.
Top 5 Activities for Assisted Living Homes
- Arts & Crafts – Making arts and crafts is a relaxing activity that stimulates the creativity of assisted living residents. These types of activities can be enjoyed independently or as part of a social group. From drawing to painting to paper mache, arts and crafts activities can become hobbies that provide countless hours of enjoyment.
- Bingo – A fun, easy-to-play game that anyone can win, Bingo is a great social activity for assisted living residents. Hosting Bingo games at an assisted living home in Minnesota allows for residents to compete in a friendly competition and win prizes. Weekly Bingo games will quickly become an event that many residents look forward to.
- Bowling – When it comes to off-site activities for assisted living residents, bowling is one of the best. Not only is bowling an entertaining, competitive game, it also helps to hone upper body strength and hand-eye coordination. Assisted living residents can bowl for fun or form teams to compete against one another.
- Gardening – Gardening is a fun activity which allows assisted living residents to grow beautiful plants while spending social time outdoors. Whether residents plant trees, flowers or vegetables, working in the garden is a regular activity that can provide assisted living residents with entertainment and exercise during spring and summer.
- Movies – Everyone loves watching movies! Whether watched at an assisted living home in Minnesota or at a nearby cinema, movies are a great social activity. Residents can view their favorites or go to see new movies together and then discuss them afterwards, building closer bonds in the process.
The Finest Assisted Living Homes in the Twin Cities Metro
If moving into an assisted living home with a varied activities program is important to you, we recommend you check out Whispering Pines. We operate several different assisted living homes in the Northern Twin Cities metro and all of them have fun activities on a daily basis. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our assisted living communities!